Monday 28 May 2012

Copic challenge


I love colouring in with alcohol pens and I have just brought some Copic Ciao pens.  I do have the Spectrum Noir pens already but loved how Mel Heaton used the Copics on TV the other day.  I coloured an image in with both just to see how each looked.

This card is for the Copic challenge blog
 

I used the Copic image to make the card mainly because it looked better on the card I had already coloured with Spun Sugar distress ink.




The little girl image is from the Sugar Plum Daisy CD from Polkadoodles.  The first time I have used digi stamps but I love them and will be using them more.  I used 3D pads to fix the image to the card.  The Cheery Lynn swirl die and the Joy card stand die also came this week so used both of them as well.  The card does stand on it's own but because of the shape it is a bit wobbly so used the card stand.  I did cut the stand twice and glued both pieces together as the card was a bit heavy for just one layer.

Here is the same image coloured with Spectrum Noir pens.




I added the little flowers because one of the green pens 'pooled' ink and rather then throw it away I popped the flowers on with a little pearl in the centre of each one.  All ready for another card.



Card recipe

Sugar Plum Daisy CD
Grand Scalloped Oval Spellbinders die
Lacey Ovals Spellbinders die
Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish die
Joy card stand die
Copic pens
Spun Sugar distress ink

5 comments:

  1. a delightful little card colourd so nice. like the way you have used your dies to create and add the frame.
    klare
    :O)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful, seen it over at the CMC challenge, you did a wonderful job on it :) I am thinking about doing up a card for this challenge, I even bought some pink and green copics just so I can play along, new to the copic world to :O) have fun and good luck, I wanted to look closer at your card cause I love making shape cards to, saw you only had 3 followers so I jumped in and became your 4th :) nice to meet you Sue, hope you can visit me too have an inky kinda day

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute and lovely pinks thank you for joining us at cmc this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the coloring on this image. Your design is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty!! I love all the swirls and vines. Thanks for joining us at CMC.

    ReplyDelete